Saturday, May 30, 2009


Yesterday was my longest day so far. The morning started over cast and a chance of rain. I was to take a test every 100ft. of a trench that runs the full length of the runway (5200+ft)on both sides that will tie the landing strip lights.I use a machine that uses radiactivity to measure moisture and density of the compacted soil.It can be sensitive to the wet weather so I covered it in plastic baggies and clear tape which worked pretty well for the rest of the day it poured.Iwas soaked by 1:00pm so went back to the lab for some lunch. I have a oven in the lab that is used to dry samples to test for moisture as well, but today I stuffed all my wet clothes in there and that dried them out pretty good so I was more comfprtable when I went back out.this a shot of the runway under construction.There is a temporary runway off to the right.

No comments: